Grid Telecom is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Independent Power Transmission Operator (IPTO) of Greece and has been active in the Greek wholesale telecommunications market since 2019. Taking advantage of IPTO’s alternative extended optical network and having additionally installed a proprietary “state-of-the art” DWDM network, Grid Telecom provides wholesale telecommunications services of very high quality and availability.
IPTO’s alternative optical backbone network utilises the overhead Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) cables on the power grid transmission towers and the available subsea optical cable systems, achieving the shortest possible routes and minimum faults, ensuring network diversity, maximum security, high availability, and extremely low latency.
- The terrestrial and subsea network managed by Grid Telecom exceeds 4,000 km, offering diverse fiber connectivity throughout Greece and beyond. The network footprint will double in the next five years, connecting islands with the core network.
- With the creation of metropolitan optical rings in the wider areas of Attica and Thessaloniki, Grid Telecom has interconnected its network with the largest Data Centers in the country.
Grid Telecom provides the following wholesale telecommunications services:
- ultrahigh capacity services through a modern proprietary DWDM network
- dark fiber services to deploy private telecommunications networks
- colocation services in the IPTO premises (HVCs: High Voltage Centers)
Grid Telecom’s priority is the satisfaction of its Customers, which is achieved through the operational integrity and efficient management of its network, coupled with the high availability of the offered services and by meeting their needs with personalised total solutions.